Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Swollen Fingers More Condition_symptoms Why Are My Fingers Swollen After Snow Shoveling?

Why are my fingers swollen after snow shoveling? - swollen fingers more condition_symptoms

I was shoveling snow with gloves. The fingers of my right hand began to tingle and itch, so I took my gloves, thought it was too hot. After another 5 minutes I realized my paddle in my right hand fingers were swollen and numb, so I stopped. My middle finger is almost as big as my thumb. That's happened before.

My fingers do not seem to continue to grow, but not small either.
I am a little worried.

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Sounds like you have a minor frostbite. The first signal of his fingers were too cold, has been itching and tingling, not too hot.

Massage does not mean the finger or hand and not with "water". DIP / Soak hands in warm water (not hot at 100 degrees, no more than once if necessary.) Take Tylenol for discomfort and keep the hand elevated (on a pillow to reduce swelling, etc..)

That was the trick is to do, but if it improved or deteriorated over the next 2-3/hrs, you need to make a trip to the emergency room.

gangadharan nair said...

Ask your doctor.

Jacqui said...

could be Raynaud's syndrome. I have it. hurts like hell, but not so bad.

Jacqui said...

could be Raynaud's syndrome. I have it. hurts like hell, but not so bad.

Post a Comment